My New Royal Palm! Harley.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by cskotek, Oct 20, 2013.

1. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His name is Harley and LOVES his treats. He is really nice and tends to gobble excessively so he finds himself being put in the coop so he calms down. He loves the 2 windows in the coop to perch by and watch the world! He is slowly, very slowly starting to make friends with the ducks.

What does everyone think of his color? Showable?

2. ClucksAndPeeps

ClucksAndPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Beautiful!!! I'm no turkey expert so I can't give you a definite answer, but he sure is stunning to me!!!!!

3. cskotek

Thanks!

4. chknoodles

chknoodles Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2013
    Middle Tennessee
    Chick N Stuff thinks he is a beautiful bird. Love that tail. We actually got a copy of the Standard of Perfection and my husband went to grab it to look up the APA on turkeys and Palms are not listed...what's with that? I'd show him anyway, we've shown our Bronze and won blues...but OMG, travel with a turkey is a bit of a job!

5. cskotek

I have the APA 2010 and the palm is in it. But reading words are one thing and someones previous encounters/ expirence with them are another. So just seeing if there is anyone who has experience with it.. I am going to be showing my ducks this january. It will be a bit before I show the turkey ... dont quite trust he will stay in the pen w.o his wings clipped. He already made friends with the neighbors LOL... He also encountered the wild females... he realllllllly likes them LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by