My new self blue OEGB

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Puresilk, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Puresilk

Puresilk Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    I am nto sure if they are just dirty, or have a strange tint to their feathers? In the pic of the trio I have a closeup of the color of their feathering...any opinions or thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roo has a bloody comb as him and my porcelain roo got to scrappin btw the 2x4 welded wire, so I put 18" chicken wire along the bottom of the pens. And his tail feathers got wet and then its been really windy, they were nice before lol....

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Which ones are in question ? All of them or just the first roos ? They all look like porcelains to me, but I cant see the first roos breast to tell if he has mottling so he may just be Buff Isabel if he isnt mottled but either way they are not solid self blues, the hens at least all look like porcelains from what I can tell.

3. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I was thinking he was Porcelain also...

4. Heather08

Heather08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    Florida
    Hey glad to see ya here too, like i mentioned on OE forum , he is possibly sun bleached and my first guess if not sun bleached was BBred under selfblue(lavender) but more i look at him maybe brassyback under lavender... he is georgous. he isnt porcelain as he is lacking millie pattern but he would be referred to as isabella instead.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  5. Puresilk

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    I saw the birds these three came from, they were colored just like these....I will find out pretty soon what they are throwing, the hens are laying right now and one of them is wantin to get broody...

6. Puresilk

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    When I first saw them I thought they looked kind of like porcelains, but either way I liked their looks...I have a young pair of self blues [​IMG] so if these are a different color, might have a new color of OE [​IMG]

7. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Looks like my porcelians also. Purdy chickens [​IMG]

8. Puresilk

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    Lol, the guy that had thse is an older fellow, and I mentioned they looked like porcelains, and he wanted to know what porcelains were. He is just an old country gentleman that doesnt even have a computer, and hasnt heard of a lot of the newer colors. I think these birds are a little dirty, and their pens they were in were probably 3/4 in the sun...

9. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yeah I 'm sticking with porcelains too, the hens are for sure at least and it they came from the same birds then the roo should be too, either way, they are still pretty birds.

10. Puresilk

Apr 23, 2010
    Yale
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by