My new seramas PIC warning

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by walkswithdog, Sep 11, 2009.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    My friend had an extra pair of silver birchen seramas. Did I want them.... ummm YES... oh and these two spare roos - one is actually showing gold lacing and the other poor foot coloring, but they're cuuuuteeee. And oh yeah, this trio of babies over here...

Umm YES... and of course 12 eggs... Did I mention he's a very good friend???

Okay I kept missing pics of the birchen hen posing but this is a start.

[​IMG]
    Saul finally figured out what posing was for faced with the birchen cockeral... so I took his picture. LOL Dragon silkie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dagon and Truffle - they're six - eight? weeks now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll try and get the three babies out by themselves on Sun or next week, right now they're not posing for anyone, and Dagon and Truffle - the six week olds were also none to pleased with the new additions but I think they're cute anyhow, even unposed.

the Boyz are just pet quality cockerals he gave me because he has too many, I'll probably find them pet homes but I love the darker one's lacing.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  2. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Shameless bump...

3. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    Stuuning!! [​IMG] Cuteness overload

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    You are so right they are precious. I could really get into the birchen ones.

5. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    You can't tell from the one photo of her and Dagon, but Truffle the little brown one is an absolute gem - she's about sparrow size now and is so neat and calm.

I like my friend's birds, even the ones he hasn't handled much are calm and gentle once you pick them up. I told him I need more birchen pullets and another brown pullet and cockeral for a trio. They seem happy in trios.

Saul needs a group of his own but I'd like to see him have ones like him or nearly like him. And he was a sport so there aren't any more with my friend. I may see if someone in TN wants him and has silkied hens.

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Like the birchen color, Cher.

7. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I am green with envy! [​IMG]

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    SOOOO pretty! LOOk at those hens [​IMG]

9. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:You don't look green....
    But they are cute!

10. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    The pair of boys will likely be for sale as pets. Dagon will also likely go. But it looks like I'm getting set for a solid crew of Seramas [​IMG] and I never saw that happening.

I really like the birchen pair. Even the pet roos are adorable. And the babies can just kill with cute.

So Cyn, how about I bring ya down a serama pair if these eggs hatch? Chuckle. Wonder what Suede would think faced off with a tiny serama rooster.

I do know they THINK they rock the world, Saul went after Gallant the first time he was out... Gallant looks like a 15 story building next to Saul.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by