1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Show Girls, what do you think??? pic heavy :)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by AHappychick, Feb 24, 2009.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Here are all of my Show Girls and 2 Silkies from Angie [email protected] She's not on BYC but knows I am posting this I found her through the Show Girl post. Please tell me what you think, I feel as though I got a great variety and am very pleased. What color is the chipmunk one gonna be, partridge?

Oh edited to say that 10 out of 13 eggs hatched, they were packed very well.

oh and what can I do about thier dry naked necks, is bag balm good for it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG] Bless their little hearts. They are so cute.

3. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    They are adorable! [​IMG]

4. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    They are sooo cute! I am going to have to get some showgirls now!! I will tell the DH it was all your fault!! [​IMG]

5. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:I just could not help myself I kept looking at other peoples and that adorable video on u-yube and fell in love, something about the fluff against the nn is so stinking cute, and the beards make me laugh so hard [​IMG] I named the last SG in the row Abraham because he looks like him to me.

I still need names for the others though so any suggestions are welcome [​IMG]

6. magsrags

magsrags Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Staten Island NY
    Good grief they are adorable!!!! Mine from Angie are due to hatch tomorrow! Nice assortment. [​IMG]

7. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    OMG!! They are just adorable! [​IMG]

As far as the dry skin on the neck, I do not do anything for that, it is usually just flakes and dust from the moisture inside the egg that has dried on their skin and feathers (chick down). It will fall off, or you can take a damp cloth and wipe it off, but it is not necessary. I would not put anything greasy on them. That will only make the feathers greasy and dust and dirt will stick to the greasy stuff.

Lisa [​IMG]

8. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ok good I am glad I did not do it. I was thinking the grease might mess up the fluff lol

9. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    They are so cute!!! I just love them all. You had a great hatch. I have showgirls and silkies from Angie as well. [​IMG] Congrats!

10. fowlrus

fowlrus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Schertz TX
    Big Congrats! [​IMG]
    I like to put my 2 cents in, [​IMG] I bid 5 of them are girls, but I have been wrong before...[​IMG]

[​IMG] Angie/fowlrus - one can never have enough chicken [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by