My new Silkie Babies :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Kaelinstorm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Kaelinstorm

Kaelinstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    The first one I picked out. Possibly bearded and Im not sure of the colour but it looks like a lavendar splash or something. (Im still really new with these guys but its obviously not white)
    [​IMG]

The second one. Partridge? I loved its poof. Doesnt seem to be bearded.

[​IMG]

Full view

[​IMG]

Third one looks to be a buff. I liked its top poof too. This one seems to be bearded... the feet seem a lighter colour than the others, as seen in the picture, is this normal?

[​IMG]

Fourth. I am not a black silkie lover but this one had an ADORABLE face! Seems to have a beard too. Though really hard to get a picture of its little poofy teddy bear face It poofs on all sides LOL [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blonde

Blonde Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2011
    Narnia
    Super cute:D i have a white Silkie and she is very funny:lau

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  3. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Im really wanting a white bearded. Cant seem to find one around here that is a baby XD

4. Frost Homestead

Frost Homestead eggmonger

Jul 9, 2011
    Lago Vista, TX
    they're all adorable [​IMG] I saw a silkie in real life for the first time the other day when I was picking up my new chicks. They are soooo soft looking I just wanna let em fall asleep while holding them. I'm afraid if I ever get one, I'll never put it down

5. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    They are adorable!!! I would love a silkie but they look to delicate to put in a coop. I would be so nervous, i'm already over protective with the flock i have!!

6. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    [​IMG] Totally possible! LOL They are REALLLLLLLY addicting. I have a 7week (?) old and love it to bits! Had to get more LOL Though had trouble finding babies/non-roos

7. Kaelinstorm

May 17, 2011
    Lampasas
    Oh man Karen I so see that. I am afraid to let my other chickens get anywhere near my little Sinatra (7week) because Im afraid of them pecking his/her soft spot [​IMG]

Sinatra sunbathing a two weeks ago [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    I have Silkies mixed with my lsyer flock and they do just fine. They are cuddly too.

9. featherful

featherful Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    Quote:x2

And the babies are adorable! I have a partridge and a black too. Yours look so much like mine did.

10. EM Squared Farms

EM Squared Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2011
    Ft. Pierce, FL
    Your Silkie chickies are so cute ! I've never seen them in those colors !

We have blue silkies and this year after crossing them we got mostly blue, and some splash and some black.

If you want to check our our Silkie pics, they are on our website.

I love the Splash ones (they are so white when little).

p.s. Any of yours have the "vaulted skull" ? A lumpier, domier head than a normal chickie (like he has a large brain in there or something)?
    They end up with a very fluffy top (you can't even see their eyes)

We only had 3 out of 30 with a vaulted skull and one turned out so nice !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by