My New Silkie Chick!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Slike, May 16, 2008.

1. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    The newest addition here, Wicket! 3 day old silkie chick. Hatched from the eggs I got from jab91864. He had the tiniest egg of all. This one's definitely gonna be a lap chicken [​IMG]

Here he is chillin on my sheepskin.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Named after...
    [​IMG]
    Ya, I'm a Star Wars freak.

Here's his buddy, Clive who is my roomie's baby lavender turk. He has the strangest personality I've ever seen in a chick. Was weird from day 1, lol. Here is is with a fittingly strange pose and expression in his eyes.
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy [​IMG]

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Looks like a pretty partridge, my partridge roo looked just like him when I got him.'

Pretty turkey too.[​IMG]

3. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    I was thinking the same... always loved and wanted a partridge silkie ever since I saw this big amazingly gorgeous partridge roo one time at a poultry show at the local fair. Guess I got real lucky [​IMG]

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    They're both cuties!!! [​IMG]

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

HAHAHA! I named some of my chickens after star wars too! Our breeding flocks get themed names. So our bantam barred rocks were prissy sort of names with the rooster being Fabio, then the hens we used barbie names so they were Barbie, Skipper, and Summer.

But my bantam cochins have a star wars theme! [​IMG] The rooster is Darth Vader, and our hens are Padme and Princess Leia! HAHA!

6. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Yep definately a partridge silkie. Too cute. I also love the pic of the turkey. He is funny.
    Thanks for sharing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by