1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Silkie is having a medusa-style bad hair day.... Or so the Seramas say

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Cleoandclover, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Cleoandclover

Cleoandclover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    Washington state
    Anyway, today I brought home my long-awaited seven-week old blue Silkie pullet. I settled her into her cage, but she kept on peeping unhappily, so I brought her out to sit on the couch while I wrote on my computer. My two serama roosters, Duke, and Squeaker, plus their lookalike mates Duchess and May, sat on the other end of the couch. Since this is my first Silkie, the Seramas have never seen anything that looks remotely like a Silkie. I put her down on the couch, and she gets up, walks around, and explores the couch. With her first movement, all four minuscule bodies freeze like their lives depend upon it, four tiny heads turn, eyes wide with shock and bewilderment, and four identical loud brrrs as if a large hawk had just had the nerve to recline on the couch instead of a harmless Silkie, erupted from little throats. The little Silkie's new name? Spidey.
    Cause
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aaaand..... Effect!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by