My new Silkies.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by russell56443, Sep 8, 2009.

1. russell56443

russell56443 New Egg

Jul 8, 2009
    Cushing,Minnesota
    I have had chickens and house chickens for years then last year I adopted a Silkie mix and I loved that little hen so much!
    As my luck goes she had a growth in her stomach area and she wouldnt leave it alone,she got sick on a weekend and passed away in my arms :0(
    I knew I wanted Silkies again one day so I finally broke down when I saw an add on Craigslist for free Silkie Roo's,I went to look and I ended up takeing them all so they wouldnt get cooked for dinner!
    I got 9 roo's that day and one very worn out little Black Frizzle.
    I then got a beardless grey pair and yesterday 3 beautiful girls that I plan on breeding in the spring :0)
    Anyway here are some pictures(The first picture is the day I got the roo's,there's a hen and not all the roo's in the picture)!
    By the way,I have 6 free roo's LOL!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    I loved your story, so happy you have Silkies again. I love my poof-heads.

Now I gotta say, the t-shirt made it the best post I've seen today, see the look on that white silkies face in the last picture

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]:lau

3. russell56443

russell56443 New Egg

Jul 8, 2009
    Cushing,Minnesota
    Thanks ChicknJ,
    I have a full time house New Hampshire i've raised since she was a day or two old and she isnt anywhere near as sweet as (Poof Heads)! LOL
    I found the shirt at a Goodwill and no I dont eat Chicken,Turkey or red meat anymore,I am amazed at the love a little ball of feathers can bring into your life!
    I do sell egg's and all my girls live out there lives with no worries,even when they get to old to lay :0)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by