My new Sliver Spangled Hamburgs!!!!! Finally PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by plester01, Nov 24, 2008.

1. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    I am so exited I just got home with my new pair. They are beautiful. I love their colors. My Rooster is so calm and friendly. I have never had this kind before. I actually have never even seen this kind before. But I cant wait till spring to hatch some chicks. I will post some picutres of the pair in a few days after they have had a chance to get used to their new home.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Congrats on your new additions. I have one SS Hamburg hen, they are beautiful birds.

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I wanna see them! [​IMG] I hoping to get some of the bantys in the spring.

4. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    If all goes well in the spring I will have eggs and or chicks for sale. But I do plan on keeping some for myself.

5. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    I had a SS Hamburg rooster, years ago.

Gabe's job was to look after a half dozen or so standard hens. You know, the frumpy, dumpy ones - I go for those kinds of hens [​IMG].

He took his job very seriously and always stayed close to the hens. Gabe was so stunningly good-looking that the combination didn't even look silly. The hens must have been nearly twice his weight.

Steve

6. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I love my ss hamburg so much. They say they are unfriendly and stuff but I have a couple that just love me to pieces. They are only 6 weeks old and not that pretty yet but I know they are going to be my favorite little girls. I guess they don't get real big. I also love my buttercups. What sweet birds!!! I wouldn't trade or sell any of my ss hamburgs!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Love my silver-spangled hamburgs. They're not overly friendly, but they're beautiful. I have 4 pullets and a cockerel. The cockerel recently started crowing, and his voice is cracking like a teenager. Can't wait til his tail is full and beautiful!

I'm so glad you love yours too!

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My SSH is the noisiest bird in the flock and she is puny compared to the rest. She yells her fool head off when I come with treats.

9. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Quote:Same here, but I love my little hen even though she does not lay the best .

10. Hi Pam! Can't wait to see some pics!
    I'm thrilled to hear someone kind-of-sort-of close has Silver Spangled Hamburgs.

[​IMG]
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by