My New Sweethearts, Ameraucana Pullets (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, May 21, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have two new sweet Ameraucana pullets, thanks to Kate (helmstead) who gave them to me as a gift, and Kelly (FlightsofFancy) who was nice enought to bring them to me yesterday. They are about eight weeks old. One is a gorgeous blue, from Paul Smith of Texas, and one is an unusual pretty color that came from a Salmon Ameraucana egg from Storm Stryder.(Salmons are still considered Easter Eggers till they are accepted into the Standard) I think her contrasting beard is adorable! Their names are Nora and June-someone want to tell me which one you think should have which name? I can't decide!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

They even look sweet [​IMG] Hope they cheer you up - cause you've sure had your share... of woes. [​IMG]

I think that the order you posted is the order - Nora and the blue one is June. JMHO....

3. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    beautiful new girls ! nora for the blue and june for the other.

Good Luck with your new girls,
    Henry

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats on the pretty girls. I have 6 Ameraucana pullets and i love them. I vote Nora for the blue and June for the other. Good luck with them. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

5. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    How PRETTY!!!!!

The blue one looks like a Nora to me [​IMG]

6. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    They're pretty. I think the blue one looks like a Nora:)

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Nora for the Blue one and June for the lighter one! They are SOOO PRETTY! [​IMG]

8. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with Lanissa. They are pretty girls. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Thanks, all. Ok, then the blue girl is Nora and the unconventional colored sweetie is June! I like them, too. I'm no longer breeding Ameraucanas since I don't have Scout anymore, but I love the blue Ameraucanas. I still have my blue girl, Charlotte, and her black daughter with Scout, Gypsy, who is now 20 weeks old. Cant wait to see how Miss June looks when she's a bit older-love that contrasting beard and muffs!

10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Wow, Cyn! They're gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by