My New Sweethearts, Ameraucana Pullets (PICS)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by speckledhen, May 21, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

I have two new sweet Ameraucana pullets, thanks to Kate (helmstead) who gave them to me as a gift, and Kelly (FlightsofFancy) who was nice enought to bring them to me yesterday. They are about eight weeks old. One is a gorgeous blue, from Paul Smith of Texas, and one is an unusual pretty color that came from a Salmon Ameraucana egg from Storm Stryder.(Salmons are still considered Easter Eggers till they are accepted into the Standard) I think her contrasting beard is adorable! Their names are Nora and June-someone want to tell me which one you think should have which name? I can't decide!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. McGoo

McGoo Songster

They even look sweet [​IMG] Hope they cheer you up - cause you've sure had your share... of woes. [​IMG]

I think that the order you posted is the order - Nora and the blue one is June. JMHO....

3. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    beautiful new girls ! nora for the blue and june for the other.

Good Luck with your new girls,
    Henry

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Songster

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    Congrats on the pretty girls. I have 6 Ameraucana pullets and i love them. I vote Nora for the blue and June for the other. Good luck with them. [​IMG][​IMG]:weee:ya

5. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Songster

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    How PRETTY!!!!!

The blue one looks like a Nora to me [​IMG]

6. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Songster

Mar 14, 2008
    They're pretty. I think the blue one looks like a Nora:)

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Songster

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Nora for the Blue one and June for the lighter one! They are SOOO PRETTY! [​IMG]

8. soonerdog

soonerdog Songster

I agree with Lanissa. They are pretty girls. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Thanks, all. Ok, then the blue girl is Nora and the unconventional colored sweetie is June! I like them, too. I'm no longer breeding Ameraucanas since I don't have Scout anymore, but I love the blue Ameraucanas. I still have my blue girl, Charlotte, and her black daughter with Scout, Gypsy, who is now 20 weeks old. Cant wait to see how Miss June looks when she's a bit older-love that contrasting beard and muffs!

10. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Songster

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Wow, Cyn! They're gorgeous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: