My new tsc chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by clintwilson59, Apr 23, 2011.

1. clintwilson59

clintwilson59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    So last week i went to the Tractor supply closest to the house to get an application for a summer job and i ended up buying 2 slw with straight combs, 2 bo, and 2 mallards one with a puff on its head. they sold me the bo's as broilers so they were cheaper:rolleyes:. Then today i went to drop off the application and the had some assorted banties so naturally i bought 4, A seabright, a d uccle, a buff silkie, and one thet is either a cochin or d uccle. These are to add to the 60 something chicks i all redy have.

Hopefully i get the job.

2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    lol I hope so! You're going to need one to feed them all [​IMG]

3. clintwilson59

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    im going to sell almost all the chicks that i hatched out im only planning on keeping the pure ones that i bought.

4. happycountryhens

happycountryhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Central NY
    Quote:So easy to see how that happened. [​IMG]

5. clintwilson59

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    Yeah if I get the job and they give me employee discount on chicks then I'm really gonna be in trouble.

6. Quote:[​IMG]

7. Balbinka

Balbinka Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    California
    Quote:Holy moly! That is a lot of birds!
    Enjoy them!

8. clintwilson59

Jul 12, 2010
    blanchard, louisiana
    Yeah i hatched 32 out about a month and 1/2 ago then i just hatched out 43 this last week. With deaths and escapes that leaves me around 60 chicks. Then i have 15 chicks from TSC and another feed store. I also have 12 grown chickens (one has 4 chicks that werent counted before). And last but not leats i have4 grown ducks and7 ducklings with more hatching as we speak. I think i might be worse at this chicken math thing than i am at real math.

But on the bright side my feed bill is only +/- $20 a month. Thats about 2 bags of chick starter. I free range everything and also give them salad and bread scraps (my mom is always trying some kingd of diet). They are all fat and happy.

9. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I think getting a job there could be really really good or really really bad.

Good if it gives you your chick fix and you don't feel compelled to buy more. Bad if you fall in love with particular chicks and just HAVE to have them.

10. golden reeves

golden reeves Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    SW Minnesota
    Even if you don't get the job I bet they keep letting you apply or at least you should be good for a couple interviews. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by