My New Turkeys! (pics)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by LivinNewDreamInND, Aug 16, 2010.

1. LivinNewDreamInND

LivinNewDreamInND Songster

Mar 22, 2010
    Yesterday, BYC member Frosty was so nice and brought me 3 turkeys. A Bourbon Red tom, a White Holland hen and a little White Holland poult, she hatched out under a broody chicken last week. It was really nice of her, she delivered them right to my barn!

Here is the Bourbon Red tom and the White Holland hen ( the tom lost his snood when he was young)
    [​IMG]

and the baby poult:
    [​IMG]

2. very nice! A turkey "drive by"

Steve

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Love the pics !

4. Frosty

Frosty Songster 10 Years

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    I love the pics too! Gotta spread the addiction [​IMG]

If you are curious, the two adults came from Kevin Porter: http://www.porterturkeys.com/ The site is dangerous... my wish list keeps getting longer!

5. LivinNewDreamInND

Mar 22, 2010
    Quote:Oh man, I probably didn't need to see this...Shhh, don't tell my hubby [​IMG]

6. Frosty

Frosty Songster 10 Years

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Just think, we could split an order! [​IMG]

7. neener92

neener92 Songster

Aug 30, 2009
    I have hatching eggs from there. It's day 11 and they are still developing nicely! One sweetgrass, two blue palm, and three mottled black.

8. MomMommyMamma

MomMommyMamma Songster

Jun 13, 2010
    West Virginia
    Quote:Oh wow - love the look of the sweetgrass.

9. LivinNewDreamInND

Mar 22, 2010
    Quote:I was thinking the exact same thing!! I am glad you said it first so now I can tell DH it was your idea [​IMG] I really like the chocolates [​IMG] Actually I like them all, they are all so pretty so I would be up to ordering the breeders choice if you wanted and you could have first pick! I don't know that I need 7 more though so we might need another partner in crime, or your gonna have a lot of turkeys [​IMG] Please do let me know when you want to order! [​IMG]

10. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    he doesn't ship to VA...but that is a good idea about the hatching eggs...hmmm...I have heard it is difficult to raise turkeys..Can someone suggest a good book on raising turkeys for me?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: