My new waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by ChrystalGail, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
  2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Cool!!! Very creative!!! [​IMG]

3. Yvonne37894

Yvonne37894 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Live Oak, FL
    Good work.
    I think that I shall try to copy your idea.

4. Airilith

Airilith Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 28, 2009
    Eastern Shore, VA
    That's a great idea.

5. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Great job! I am hoping to make one for the winter we shall see how it goes. I just gotta get the nipples. [​IMG]

6. vyshtia

vyshtia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2009
    Norco, CA
    Very nice! I'm going to make one like yours, only thing is - I have the little plastic cups to use under each nipple so I still have to find the square PVC pipe that the cup attaches to. Great job on yours! I hope mine turns out as good!

7. K-Chick

K-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    NW In
    what could you do for the winter so it won't freeze? Anyone tried that trailer tape that you plug in?

8. ChrystalGail

ChrystalGail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2007
    Casa Grande, AZ
    Thank you all! I'm glad you like it. Sorry K-Chick, I don't have a solution for the winter/freezing problem. We don't really have that problem here in Arizona! HeHe... You could probably wrap the pipe in insulation and maybe put a lamp by the bucket to keep it from freezing? Mine was built with summer in mind. I can just throw a frozen soda bottle in there and cool the water down for them to drink! Easy peasy! It sure makes like alot easier. You've got to love that it keeps the poop out! Not to mention dust. We get alot of dust storms here.

9. Kullas

Kullas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    Ellijay Ga.
    That looks great. It is so much easyer to just fill the bucket and not have to worry about cleaning anything once a week or every other day

10. LittleMamaBigPapa

LittleMamaBigPapa Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Bellevue, Nebraska
    AMAZING! Who would have thought!?!?! Obviously the chickens know how to drink from it? That's cool. The clean part about it is the GREATEST part. Ingenious! I'm going to show my hubby! thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by