My new Welsh harlequin, and rouen ducklings*PICS INCLUDED!*

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Here are some pics of my new welsh harlequin, and rouen ducklings, I got them from metzer farms on wednesday. If anyone is wanting a very soaical, pretty, good laying duck. I highly recamend welsh harlequins

ENJOY!!!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Yes they are. I cant wait till they are out in the pen though, I want me some duck eggs!!! I got these guys because my other two hens arnt laying yet
they are almost 6 months old and still no eggs! So I got the welsh. I got the rouens because I have a rouen drake, and I like them

mickeymousears

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
SLO; CA
Omg they are SO CUTE!! Its amazing to me how huge ducks come from those sweet fuzzy bodies!! I was looking at baby pictures the other day and I can't believe that huge ten pound duck fit in my hand just a few months ago.

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Quote:My welsh harlequins are only babies lol! I heard they lay almost 1 egg aday, and much more than pekins, but thats only what I heard. I cant wait till they are laying though, It was either WH ok khaki campbells, but I was picking for color at that point, so I thought the WH were prettier. So I went with them. You should go to metzer farms and look at WHs it will say more about them. I hope you get some! From what I heard you cant go wrong with WHs.

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Quote:Yes, they can. As long as you watch them. Ducklings can easily get soaked and drown but they can as long as you watch them.

ducklover700

Songster
7 Years
Mar 26, 2012
Utah
This thread is old but I'm so glad I cam across it DuckGirl! I've loved talking to you about your birds and now I get to see some of your first welshies? how fun!

Top Bottom