My new Welsh harlequin, and rouen ducklings*PICS INCLUDED!*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Sep 5, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Here are some pics of my new welsh harlequin, and rouen ducklings, I got them from metzer farms on wednesday. If anyone is wanting a very soaical, pretty, good laying duck. I highly recamend welsh harlequins [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ENJOY!!!

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    So cute. Aren't they fun little poopers?!

3. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Yes they are. I cant wait till they are out in the pen though, I want me some duck eggs!!! I got these guys because my other two hens arnt laying yet [​IMG] they are almost 6 months old and still no eggs! So I got the welsh. I got the rouens because I have a rouen drake, and I like them [​IMG]

4. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    I thought ducklings couldn't swim without their momma.

5. SycolinWoodsChickens

SycolinWoodsChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Cute pics. Don't you love when the babies get their daily swim! [​IMG]

How well do your WH lay? I'm considering them but I'm not sure they'd outlay our Pekins.

6. mickeymousears

mickeymousears Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    SLO; CA
    Omg they are SO CUTE!! Its amazing to me how huge ducks come from those sweet fuzzy bodies!! I was looking at baby pictures the other day and I can't believe that huge ten pound duck fit in my hand just a few months ago.

7. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:My welsh harlequins are only babies lol! I heard they lay almost 1 egg aday, and much more than pekins, but thats only what I heard. I cant wait till they are laying though, It was either WH ok khaki campbells, but I was picking for color at that point, so I thought the WH were prettier. So I went with them. You should go to metzer farms and look at WHs it will say more about them. I hope you get some! From what I heard you cant go wrong with WHs.

8. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Yes, they can. As long as you watch them. Ducklings can easily get soaked and drown but they can as long as you watch them.

9. ducklover700

ducklover700 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Utah
    This thread is old but I'm so glad I cam across it DuckGirl! I've loved talking to you about your birds and now I get to see some of your first welshies? how fun!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by