My new yellow labrador puppy!!! *18-month Update pg 4, w/ photos*

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by wordgirl, Jun 22, 2010.

1. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Ohmygoodnessohmygoodnessohmygoodness!!! I have wanted a puppy for years and years and now the Lord has blessed me with one!!!! I am sooooo excited! (Can't you tell?)

Well, yesterday, I was posting an ad for our litter of kittens that need homes on ebay classifieds (it used to be called kijiji), and as per my habit, I clicked on the 'Dogs & Puppies' section to browse, and I saw an ad for three male yellow lab puppies just an hour from my house. I showed my mom (also my habit...[​IMG]) and to my HUGE surprise she seemed to seriously like them. We told my dad and he said, 'Well, you can call them.' I could hardly believe it!!! I might actually get a puppy!!! So we called the owners and I asked them a billion questions and we asked if we could come to see the puppies in the evening. So, we went, (me nearly hyperventilating in the back seat and still hardly believing that I was going to see a litter of puppies!!!) and the puppies were adorable and beautiful and healthy and friendly and my parents said I could have one. We spent about an hour there, trying to figure out which one I wanted. I finally decided on one that they had dubbed 'Pretty Boy' because he had such a pretty face. I've named him Boaz, and we call him Bo for short. I love him so much already!!! He's seven weeks old.

[​IMG]

This is him sleeping with my Dad on the kitchen floor. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  2. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Adorable pup - congrats.

But why do you make your dad sleep on the kitchen floor? ( [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] )

3. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Congratulations!!!!! [​IMG] Thats the best day ever when you get a puppy [​IMG] BO is AWESOME!!!!

4. Karrie13

Karrie13 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    Congratulations! Labs are wonderful dogs that love playing and are full of mischief! Have fun training him. My son also just got a puppy, a corgi that he is going to train for agility¬Ö you might look into agility if you want to keep him busy, it is a lot of training but a lot of fun too.

5. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    Oh the cuteness overload is killing me...

6. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Really? That's cool, because I do agility and obedience with my older dog through 4-H, too. Bo will, Lord-willing, be doing at least obedience next year - I'm not sure whether I'll try agility the first year. [​IMG]

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Nice looking lab! [​IMG] He has a nice head on him, ive seen some lab pups that have faces like collies. lol

8. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Congratulations! You have a new friend for life!

Now.....take everything in the house and put it at least 4 feet high - it will ALL need to stay up high for the next 2 years.

LOL, I have a black Lab that I rescued at 5 weeks. He's now 80 pounds of happy boy, 5 years later. I LOVE my Bingo!

9. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I want him! H e is WAY too cute! [​IMG]

10. Jamie_Dog_Trainer

Jamie_Dog_Trainer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    Washington State
    Beautiful Puppy [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by