1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My newbs! (Pics soon!)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Aschenfire, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    I went to Tractor Supply hoping to pick up some babies, but they'd not gotten theirs in yet...went to my local feed store and "had to have" two Silver Laced Wyandotte pullet babies... they are adorable! I've not told the older babies about the noobs yet. They might be jealous :D

2. AlaskaChicks

AlaskaChicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    oooooo can't wait to see pics! [​IMG]

3. Aschenfire

Aschenfire Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Here they are! Tinsel and Glitter, making their debut. They think they are pretty enough to be supermodels :D

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    I went in today and was told that TS and the other feed store here would have thier chicks in on wed. looks like the only thing the other feed store has that I want is a couple of barred rocks. But I will be picking up bantams at TS if I can manage to get some. I think it will be like vultures swooping down on them wed morning

5. felidaet

felidaet Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Vancouver, Wa.
    SLW is one of my favorite breeds. I have a 3 year old now that is VERY friendly. She like to talk to me a lot anytime I go near hear. I am going to get to at least 2 more of them in April..

6. AlaskaChicks

AlaskaChicks Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    awwww they are sooo pretty! I almost got some this year...maybe next year [​IMG]

7. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wow, they're gorgeous! I would have taken them home too :)

8. bj taylor

bj taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    North Central Texas
    my slw have gone through an ugly phase, but they're almost feathered out & starting to look so pretty. they're also pretty bossy to the others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by