My newest addition

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
20191017_184707.jpg
20191010_185804.jpg
I just bought a trio of saxony Indian runners I put them in with the others very late at night so didnt get a great pic
I'm hoping to show them next year and then breed them the following year

Umm...did you do the look but don’t don’t touch introductions? You might want to think about that...birds sometimes have a hard time adjusting..but I’m sure you know that...congratulations on the new guys.. I have two Saxony..Lou and Louise View attachment 1938826
Look but no touch is rarely needed for ducks... they are more accepting than chickens are.

Look but no touch is rarely needed for ducks... they are more accepting than chickens are.
Well, I know, when I adopt older ducks that are rescued...they ....are scared..so we make separate pens next to the big pen...rescuing is my thing..we have 43 now..and it has worked for us..so maybe it’s not necessary...but I like to ease these guys into our environment because a lot of them came from rough situations

Well, I know, when I adopt older ducks that are rescued...they ....are scared..so we make separate pens next to the big pen...rescuing is my thing..we have 43 now..and it has worked for us..so maybe it’s not necessary...but I like to ease these guys into our environment because a lot of them came from rough situations
I think your doing great rescuing these precious ducks

I adopted 2 runners to add to my pekins. The runners busted into the pekins area and stole their pool! The pekins came to me to file a formal complaint!
It was past mating season, and everyone was fine. I did keep them in separate night houses the first night, just in case.

Congrats OP and thank you @Duckfarmer1 for saving ducks. 5 of my 7 are from the animal shelter.

I adopted 2 runners to add to my pekins. The runners busted into the pekins area and stole their pool! The pekins came to me to file a formal complaint!
It was past mating season, and everyone was fine. I did keep them in separate night houses the first night, just in case.

Congrats OP and thank you @Duckfarmer1 for saving ducks. 5 of my 7 are from the animal shelter.
Oh that’s so cool..but no need to thank me.. I thank them for being here..they bring me smiles

Back
Top Bottom