My newest chicken...just too cute. ***pic***

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by yellowchickensmomma, Dec 24, 2009.

1. yellowchickensmomma

yellowchickensmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Sometime back I had an issue with a stray kitten. She made her home in my chicken barn. She stays with the chickens where ever they go. In the run, she is there. In the woods, she is there. Too bad she doesn't lay eggs. I don't have a problem with mice/rats so I guess she is earning her keep. She has some behaviors like a chicken. She likes to sit on the perchs with them. I guess the pecking order is that she is on the bottom of the list. The real chickens play/deal well with her.
    Today I went outside to look in the window and this is what I see...
    [​IMG]
    She sleeps in the nesting box.

2. gsim

gsim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    East Tennessee
    I can barely make it out. Is it a tan kitten? Needs a better pic, maybe with a flash. Too cool [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  3. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    cute

4. HippieChickens

HippieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2009
    [​IMG] Good kitty!

5. windtryst

windtryst Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I see her! That is so cute! I am glad she has the chickens for a family and to keep her warm:)

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    She looks like my Pudster, my chicken's guardian cat:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    That picture IS just too cute!! My stray kitten who lives with my chickens doesn't go into the coop, but hangs out in the run with them all day long. It's so adorable, your kitten sleeping in the nest box.. Are you sure she isn't broody? LOL

8. kipepeo

kipepeo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NC KS
    that is so cute. my mother cat and her april kittens like to get in the nest boxes when I go out to the coop. They seem to do all right with the chickens but I don't lock them in with them they stay in the garage. They make a cute parade following me out to the coop and back

9. fiberart57

fiberart57 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks for the update - I remember the story when you first posted it and, as a cat lover, I wondered how things turned out. I see that kitty is doing well. She's saying thanks for letting her stay.

Mary

10. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by