My newest chicken...just too cute. ***pic***

yellowchickensmomma

Songster
10 Years
Aug 19, 2009
Sometime back I had an issue with a stray kitten. She made her home in my chicken barn. She stays with the chickens where ever they go. In the run, she is there. In the woods, she is there. Too bad she doesn't lay eggs. I don't have a problem with mice/rats so I guess she is earning her keep. She has some behaviors like a chicken. She likes to sit on the perchs with them. I guess the pecking order is that she is on the bottom of the list. The real chickens play/deal well with her.
Today I went outside to look in the window and this is what I see...
39457_img00057-20091224-1338.jpg

She sleeps in the nesting box.

That picture IS just too cute!! My stray kitten who lives with my chickens doesn't go into the coop, but hangs out in the run with them all day long. It's so adorable, your kitten sleeping in the nest box.. Are you sure she isn't broody? LOL

that is so cute. my mother cat and her april kittens like to get in the nest boxes when I go out to the coop. They seem to do all right with the chickens but I don't lock them in with them they stay in the garage. They make a cute parade following me out to the coop and back

Thanks for the update - I remember the story when you first posted it and, as a cat lover, I wondered how things turned out. I see that kitty is doing well. She's saying thanks for letting her stay.

Mary

Back
Top Bottom