My newest quail~

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Kitei, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kitei

Kitei Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2012
    I got an early Christmas gift today; another pair of Chinese Quail. :D Now I have 2 mature pairs, 10 chicks and a some silver/dark faced silver boys that I'll be selling. xD
    It's nice to have these, means I have 2 mature hens. I'm not sure if the new one is laying, since they're fairly young, but my other hen is sitting on eggs at the moment so I'm not getting any from her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looked at the following link for colours:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/567309/chinese-blue-breasted-quail-button-quail-color-varieties

Hen could maybe be red breasted?
    I thought maybe the cock was a dark faced with partial bib, but wasn't sure. He's a beautiful charcoal grey with slight blue around his chest.

Named them Link and Zelda, as I like to give my birds silly names. (my others are Columbus and Cebu, and Earl Grey, who will eventually also have a Countess Grey).

Pretty, aren't they? :D

2. TheWeeBee

TheWeeBee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2012
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Awww, they're beautiful! What color mutation is the hen? I've never seen one with that coloration. Too bad buttons don't do well in snow, that black and white striping would be perfect!

3. Kitei

Kitei Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2012
    I'm not entirely sure, but I think she could be a pale Golden Red Breasted/Dark faced/'Darth Vader'?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by