My newly laid vinyl flooring in m' coop!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Minflick, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Minflick

Minflick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2014
    Boulder Creek, California
    [​IMG]

So, vinyl is in and the floor portion of it is glued down. Ran out of glue... It's not kitchen quality for any house I'd live in, but it's IN and I'm pleased. So, I was thinking that to avoid muck collecting around the edges, they should be fastened down too, and I would have glued the sides if I hadn't run out of glue... Should I go get more glue, or would my staple gun be acceptable? Would the birds pick at the staples? Would the holes caused by the staples be a Bad Thing in my coop? I'm not fastening them down today, I don't want to walk on the vinyl until it's dried for fear I'd shift it, and my afternoon job today will be painting the outside of the coop.

So tell me,

Glue Y/N

Staples Y/N

Melinda

2. RJSorensen

RJSorensen Chicken George

I would glue it and staple it. The birds should not eat the staples, but none the less don't leave any lying around. The 'sides' will try to peal down, so now while you are at it, is the time to keep it up. I might consider installing a small wooden strip all the way around to hold it up and keep it from peeling back. With the strip one could use nails and would perhaps give you a better job.

Best to you and your new coop,

RJ

3. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    I would just leave it the way it is so you can take it out and give it a good hosing let dry and back in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by