My Niece is Famous! 138.8 lb halibut

CrazyChickieMama

Songster
11 Years
Feb 23, 2008
Bolton, NC
My niece caught a 138.8 lb halibut the other day in Homer,AK and is now nationwide news!!!!

Here's the link!!!:

www.adn.com

she's just beaming!!! but a little bit upset she didn't catch that mermaid she wanted!

I just had to share!!! We are so proud!

Woohooo! That fish could eat her for sure!
My personal record out in the gulf was a 13 lb. red snapper and I remember how hard it was getting that fish in the boat. I literally had to sit on my pole and force the reel to go round. I can only imagine the brute force this little girly had to muster up to get that fish in!

Such an awesome story! Here's the link to the actual story. http://www.adn.com/outdoors/fishing/story/832191.html

Last edited:
Until I clicked on the link, I couldn't figure out why a halibut of that size would be in the news. I was thinking... that's not that big of a halibut to come out of Homer. However, for a 6yo to land it... that is pretty amazing!

*I see her Dad helped her, still must have been a struggle for that little one!

Last edited:
thanks Chicky!

she tried as hard as she could and at first Courtney(her mom, my sil) thought she was joking...but then realized she REALLY couldn't reel the booger in!!!

she's still hoping for her mermaid
wink.png

Your link to the ADN also made me catch up on my Heather Lende columns. Thanks. I grew up in Haines, and know many of the people she talks about so it is always nice to read her colunm.

Back
Top Bottom