My Nigerians Dwarf goats

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Ziegenhof, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Ziegenhof

Ziegenhof Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    Besides poultry I love goats. I raise ADGA/AGS registered Nigerian Dwarfs which is a dairy breed in a smaller package.

Please feel free to visit my website for more information.

Shelshanam.webs.com

2. JHorn91180

JHorn91180 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2011
    Northeast KY
    I also raise Nigerian goats. Some of them are double and triple registered. R u a member of BYH? (Back yard herds) I think its a sister site to this one.

3. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I am just starting out with my Nigerian Dwarf herd. I love them to pieces! They're such delightful little goats!

4. Ziegenhof

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    No I have not checked out BYH, but thank you I will now! I belong to thegoatspot.net and I generally stay busy on that site with what little free time I have.

5. theemon

theemon Out Of The Brooder

Jul 23, 2012
    ohio
    Id love to find a local goat farmer and buy some goat milk, I think I'd like dwarf goats, but they are only feasible if I like the milk....

6. Ziegenhof

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    Yeah you have to make sure you find a good little dairy that knows how to handle the milk. I was having some commercial goat cheese the other day from Wisconsin and as I was eating it I kept smelling my buck.. I washed my hands several times, changed my clothes, and finally figured out it wasn't my buck it was the cheese that smelled very bucky (was driving me nuts thinking I was the cause of the smell)! Which goat cheese should never smell like a buck!

The Nigerians have a good rich, sweet milk. Get it iced down quickly after coming out of the goat and it's like drinking full fat cow's milk... Tasty stuff!

I know Ohio is probably fairly good sized but you do have several pretty big breeders in that state. If you see a goat show happening they will sometimes have goat product samples on site for trying.

Good luck on getting a taste of milk!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by