1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My non-chicken animals (pic heavy)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fowltemptress, Nov 9, 2008.

1. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    I love when people post pics on this forum, so I'm trying to return the favor with my motley crew [​IMG]

First, the dogs. Jeff, named after Geoffrey Chaucer, is the Westie, and Rook is the Scottie. Rook's picture is not a recent one . . . he hasn't been that small for over a year now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My cockatiel, Abby. She's the only bird I love more than chickens. She's with me so often I seem to have a constant pile of poop on my shoulders.
    [​IMG]

My SO bought me these little guys yesterday [​IMG] I grew up with guinea pigs, and life just feels wrong without them. My SO named the brown one Biscuit, and I named the black and white one Obama.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eddie Lizard . . . named after Eddie Izzard. He's a lot more calm now than he was in this photo. He eats out of my hand . . . well, my gloved hand, since he can't differentiate between the roach and my fingers, and his teeth are bigger than you'd think. Our vet says she has never seen a frilled lizard in as good condition, so I'm rather proud of him.
    [​IMG]

The snakes. Reddy (the red one) and Knot are in the first picture . . . Reddy escaped long ago (an incident validating my dislike of children), but we still have Knot.
    The second picture is of Stripey. He's a testy snake with a tendency to refuse food. He's almost pretty enough to make up for it, though
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Crested geckos.
    [​IMG]

And finally, the tarantulas. Sorry I don't know the names of their species, that's my SO's department, even though I'm the one who takes care of them . . . [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  2. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    My, that is quite a collection of animals! You could open a small petting zoo! Nice, all except for the snakes and for some reason they have always made me quiver...............[​IMG]

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Nice menagerie at your house. Just for clarification...not all children need be disliked. Some of them are actually great. [​IMG]

4. Suess hens

Suess hens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Altadena, CA
    Ooh, a house after the likes of mine.
    DH use to raise and breed corn snakes. My favorite was my personal baby, she was actually given away during my period of "I wanna travel." She has a killer home now, I don't think she misses me much. And your albino....what breed? Is that a pure albino corn snake?

5. fowltemptress

Jan 20, 2008
    Quote:Oh, I'm sure. But I think I'll play it safe and leave the rest of the world to take care of the young human animals [​IMG]

6. fowltemptress

Jan 20, 2008
    Quote:Good that you found your "baby" an awesome home when the traveling bug hit. I get so nervous finding homes for the reptiles we rescue. I finally told my SO I can't do it anymore . . . so we finally found a home for the very last of our rescued reptiles, and what's pictured is all that's left, and all that I plan to keep as long as they decide to live.

I was told Stripey is a double albino pine snake. We've had him for four years now, and he's always been everyone's favorite snake when they come over to see our snakes. He sure is showy . . . in the beginning I hated that my SO named him Stripey, but it's grown on me.

7. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    You need to put a warning in your header that spiders will be present. I am soo creeped out by spiders... I am still having shivers just from the pictures!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Nice collection of critters. How and what do you feed your tarauntulas? (sp) And how often? And how do you keep them?

9. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Whats SO?

10. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Significant Other.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by