My official flock - Gender and breed request

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by xxcody2gunsxx, Aug 24, 2016.

1. xxcody2gunsxx

xxcody2gunsxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 27, 2016
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    We now have 14 chickens here .They range from 10 -14 weeks old I'm lead to to believe .
    I know I asked before but with the new chickens and all I'd like to see what breed's we have and Gender possibly . Any help will be much appreciated Thanks .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Your pure red, black tailed bird is a Production Red pullet.

Your white, yellow legged birds are all White Rock pullets.

Your white/grey- or red-tinted, slate-legged birds with beards are Easter Eggers, as is the bearded red/white bird. All appear to be pullets; but EEs can be tricky.

Your golden bird is a Buff Orpington pullet.

Your black and white laced bird is a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Your black and white barred bird is a Barred Rock (possibly Dominique if she has a rose comb), and she is a pullet.

Your brown, golden-necked and red-breasted bird is most likely a Brown Leghorn, though could be a Welsummer.

Your dark brown, laced bird appears to be a Partridge Rock pullet, but I can't see her very well in any of these photos so I can't be sure.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree with Queen Misha all the way

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    I agree.

5. xxcody2gunsxx

Jul 27, 2016
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Thanks a for the clarification . I really appreciate it . I took some single photos of the birds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Well, now I'm 50/50 on whether that brown lady is a Welsummer or a Brown Leghorn. She's a little bit skinny for a Wellie but a little fat for a Leghorn. As she matures she will develop either a red or white earlobe; if the lobe is red, it's a Welsummer, but if it's white, it's a Leghorn. Your barred pullet is indeed a Barred Rock. The white bird in photo #8 appears to be a White Leghorn rather than a White Rock. You may have a mixture of both breeds. You can distinguish these by earlobe color as well; red = rock, white = leghorn. (Note that egg colors are related to ear lobe colors as well, hence breeds with white lobes have white eggs and red lobes have brown eggs; you can distinguish breeds by this as well). Everyone still looks female.

7. xxcody2gunsxx

Jul 27, 2016
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    I'll keep a look out as they grow . Thanks bunch for your help .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by