My old dog passed away today.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by annie3001, Mar 2, 2012.

1. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    So My old sammie the dog who is 15 years old, was diganosed this week with kidney disease. He was starting to go down hill, pretty fast. I was putting him on a special diet. I mostly had to hand feed him. Today was like any other day. I let him outside to pee and came back in with him. He layed on the floor in the kitchen, and he took a few breathes then died. So quickly so sudden. I have never witnessed such peace. He is now in a better place, feeling better and running just the way he should. I loved him sooo much. He had my mothers dogs, his wife and sammie was the father of 2 boys, (who also already passed away) so he was met in doggie heaven by them.
    I will always remember great memories with him. So many... tears falling... Its so hard, but I have to remain strong for my 2 little kids, as i find time alone to grieve.
    r.i.p. sammie, sambone, sammie cha cha .. so many names for a wonderful pet.
    Heres a photo a few years ago..
    [​IMG]

andrea-

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  2. bnjrob

bnjrob Overrun With Chickens

Dec 31, 2008
    North TX
    So glad to hear that he at least went over the Rainbow Bridge quickly and peacefully.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  3. Redyre Rotties

Redyre Rotties Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    North Carolina, USA
    So sorry for your loss.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] He passed with dignity.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

RIP Sammie... [​IMG] Sorry about the loss of a beloved friend/pet...

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Poor thing, so sorry for your loss. Coming from someone who used to be a kid...remember that it's okay to grieve with your kids! [​IMG]

7. AinaWGSD

AinaWGSD Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Sullivan, IL
    I'm so sorry to hear that you've lost a dear friend today. It's never easy to loose someone who's been an important part of your life for so long, and it's ok to cry and grieve, even in front of the kiddos.

8. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

So sorry. Rest in Peace, sweet boy.

9. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    [​IMG] RIP Sammie. I can tell that he was well loved. Yes, grieving with the kids is one more gift Sammie can give to all of you.

10. annie3001

annie3001 My Girls

Jun 11, 2009
    Ct.
    thank you for all your kind words. I made a memorial for sammie on rainbow bridge. So he will be remembered. Its such a great site. Long ago I posted my rabbit their, lady (that was her name).
    I went to work today, and cried my eyes out. Talking about it helps, just hurts still. I cried on my drive home,,, so many fond memories. Thanks again for all your kind words. I dont go on byc as much as I used to. But i love checking in once in a while. take care.

fondly,
    andrea

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by