My Older boer goat......Nada......is she pregnant? New Pictures!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by arabianequine, Jun 19, 2011.

1. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    She is 3 supposedly. Does she look anymore pregnant to you? I just took these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    there is no pictures

3. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:There is now [​IMG]

I accidentally posted it before adding the pics.

4. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Let me tell ya it is hard to tell on a goat if she is prego or not because of the tummy when they eat......you can feel onthe left side if she is a couple of months and you will feel a ball shape when you press in the "hollow" in front of her hip area. She looks like her bag is pretty plump, feel and see if it is firm or soft and supple. She looks a little older than 3 to me looking at her horns but then again I would have to see her teeth to really tell. Was she exposed to a buck? Did you plan to breed her or do you not know and just suspect she is pregnant? I thought for sure my doe did not take and after a couple of months oh boy she was fat so I felt around on her side and felt the tale tell "lump", it is hard sometimes to try and tell on goats. How far along do you think she is?

5. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    IMO she just looks a little fat. But my vet couldn't even tell if my goat was pregnet then 2 weeks later she gave birth.

6. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:I know I have heard that and I am new to goats I have had my 3 does about a month now.

I keep feeling the right side cause someone told me that is the side they carry the kids the most. I did feel the left tonight and did feel something weird I though and then heard and felt gas and it made me jump so I stopped feeling around there lol.

She did come with an ink stamp on her buttocks. So she was exposed to a buck this spring. At the earliest I was thinking feb. I don't think she is bagged up at all. It feels pretty wiggly and empty. I did squeeze her nipples and no milk although she does not like that.

Let me see if I can find an old pic of there well like when I first got her to compare.

7. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    A lotof peple say that but I have always seen ourmovements from babes and been able to feel better on the left side. Dont be afraid to push and feel around gently. You can tell tummy it will be gooshy feeling and if a babe it will feel hard and lumpy like a football hiding in there. Watch her over te next few weeks to see if she comes into a heat cycle.......on some it is easy to tell others not so easy. Mine is a hard one...I tell on her she will rub on me with her head a LOT, she gets a little playfull, and she "flags" wags that tail just non stop, she will also occasionally have a tiny bit of mucus drainage from her vulva area. In some does there is not a change you can see when they cycle. I hope you get a kid from her....it is great! I bred mine to deliver in march which was perfect. Not too hot but warm enough for no heating to have to have an the hotter it gets the higher their wormloads become just an fyi. It stresses the doe way too much in the heat of summer. If she isn't bred I would try to rebreed her asap to deliver first part of winter or wait until fist part of winter to breed for her to deliver in spring. Winter babes need a heat source, added costs, time, and worry imo!!!

8. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    Quote:That is my plan to breed late fall/first of winter. I feel bad though breeding back to back if they kid this summer. All 3 were exposed to a buck if the other 2 are pregnant I think they got pregnant later and just not that far along or they are carrying single kids. Actual I think the togg had a single last dec. and it froze I guess but maybe that is all she has is singles. The 2 year old boer I have always has twins I thinks she said or triplets, I can't remember. She had a baby on her when she came here and that was the last day she seen her baby.

I think she is def. pregnant. They all came pretty skinny to me. The older boer and togg anyways them just seem real boney spine and hip bones etc. Her stomach is not all food is it? Her spine and hip bones etc. still seem real skinny to touch to me. They have free choice hay. I think grass hay and are getting a flake 3 flakes of alfalfa a day now 2 in the am and 1 pm and they all 3 share it. They eat it all and still eat what is in the feeder. I think some kind of grass hay like orchard grass.

This pic is what the previous owner sent me but only 2 of the left side. This was sent 4/22/11.

[​IMG]

This pic was a month ago exactly today. That is all I could find. I did not start taking pics of them till their sick spell and this ones skin issues were added in there but she never was sick which was good.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  9. arabianequine

Apr 4, 2010
    I was figuring the earliest they were breed was feb. so I thought I would start really watching about July 1st and on? This based on what the owner told me when I got them.

10. glenolam

glenolam Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    Canterbury, CT
    Her right side is sticking out a bit more, but that doesn't necessarily mean she's pregnant.

You are correct - if she is infact pregnant the earliest she could go is July 1st based on a Feb 1st breeding date. How long was she exposed to a buck?

The udder filling is a good sign of pregnancy, but there are some does who bag up ver close to the due date, some bag up a month or two prior and some the day of or after so it's not the best way to determine if she's pregnant. IMO, the only thing you can do is wait and watch her closely for the weeks she could possibly kid, which will be between July 1st and the latest possible bred date.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by