My oldest teenager is now 16

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mikensara, Jul 5, 2011.

1. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    We had our daughters sweet 16 party over the weekend (shes a july 4th baby). For the most part it went very well once the rain cleared up. We set up food buffett style in the house and sat in the damp chairs outside under the canopies. She had a good turnout. My side of the family didnt come but thats what i love about my inlaws they made sure they were here. They are all very good about coming to the kids parties no matter whos house its at.

Did talk to hub about his youngest sisters kids. Her boys are very destructive she was upset I would not allow them to sit on the furniture in the living room. When hub asked me why I told him they use their pants as a toilet rather than embarrass them in front of our daughters friends i took them aside and told them to sit on the floor and stay off the furniture. They are 7 and 13. My sister in law makes excuses for them saying they have autism issues and I am insensitive. I say no I do not want my furniture to smell I do not allow even our own kids to eat in there. I told her in the future if it upsets her that much she should have them wear diapers so they dont feel like they are being called out. Instead she said she wont come here if I cant treat them nicer. UGHHHH I just want my house to be clean and not smell like human waste after they visit.

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Soo... your SIL lets them walk around with crap and pee soaked pants all day long? Were their pants wet/dirty while they were eating dinner at your house?
    I'm confused...

3. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    pretty much crap their pants all the time she brings changes of clothes and wipes with her just in case. They make no attempt to use the bathroom at all. And if you tell them they smell and need to go get cleaned up they take off and hide. I just dont want them on my furniture when they visit.

4. dewey

dewey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Sounds like seating in the outdoor chairs were a good choice, then, but even the floor would have been off limits in my house if there was soiled pants, and she would have been told to take her kids home and clean them up...but it sounds like this is an everyday type thing for her. Does anyone in her own family say anything to her about her kids being neglected like that? Instead of saying things to the kids, is having hubby address his sister directly an option?

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I guess what i was asking was: Were the kids pants soiled at the time you all were sitting down to eat? If not, i would have let them sit on my furniture, like any human being.

But if they had dirty pants, i would of had the sister take them and clean them up... or she can leave.

6. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Well whatever the reason for these boys going in their pants, SIL is wrong to expect other households to be willing to have their furniture or carpets soiled. If they have this problem why on earth does she not have them in Pull Up's or Depends or whatever? Do they attend regular school?

Saw a similar family on Dr. Phil some time ago, two teen boys I think it was, pee'd and pooped their pants at home all the time. Interestingly they had no problem controlling themselves at school, only messed themselves at home!

7. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Maybe next time you should just hold the event out doors or in a public place, like a park and have her bring the boys own chairs so no one else has to touch where they have been sitting.

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Me too.

Sorry, Thats a sad situation [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by