My only chick can anyone tell me what it is yet????

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
This wee one is the only survivor of our hatching this year.
I did get 6 eggs that were supposed to be Silver grey dorkings. Only one chick hatched and so we got a "friend" for it which was another day old yellow chick. Sadly one of the chicks died and I think it was the DOrking that died ( But then who knows what you really get posted, The first eggs I got were blue which certainly were not dorkings and they were all dead.)

So now I have this lonely chick - who is a lovely thing. It is very pretty but we are not sure what she is?
I actually think it is a girl as the other one that died was longer on the legs and had spirs. This one was alot more squat to the grouond but sadly she would not get off the darn perch to get a good pic! So I am hoping these pics will help some in identifying her. She came from a rare breed petting farm? They don;t know what she is as she was found outside of the nests on the ground so she was scooped up and put into an incubator. No one knows which hen she came from. She may be a mix of allsorts?

If you look at the full sized pics you can see that the feathers on the breast are begining to have a lace pattern emerge in a light golden brown. As I said she is a pritty little thing - am hoping its a girl , but I am pretty sure she is not a silver grey dorking!

If anyone has an idea would like to hear.
Oes

Might be White Rock mine looked like that when they were little is the only chicken you have?Sorry about your hatch.
hugs.gif

I have 5 other adult birds. We had 10 but lost 5 since January to CRD - we have not had a death since June so heres hoping we are on top of it at last.

The new little one. _ I have not counted toes. She has pale yellow legs if that helps! Managed to finally get her off the perch but can't figure how to upload the new pics from the camera.

Oes - Karl your a bad man! great to hear from you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom