My only rooster is sick.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by raycc, Nov 14, 2016.

1. raycc

raycc New Egg

Nov 14, 2016
    Help, advice needed please. I noticed my only rooster wasn't getting down from the roost this morning. I finished watering and came back to check on him. That is when I saw his eyes were matted shut. I brought him in the house and cleaned his eyes with warm water and they opened right up. I also noticed feathers around his beak. He ended up having a long feather that he had swallowed stuck down his throat that I pulled out. Afterwards, I heard a gurgling sound coming from his lungs so I think he has fluid in them. His nose is also dripping but it is not thick, nor green. I bought some poultry antibiotics to put in his water, but he is not drinking. I don't know about chicken anatomy so I don't know if I can use a dropper with water and medication in it safely--or will that put more fluid into his lungs. ???????

I am quite attached to him so I called 3 vets and none of them see "barnyard" animals. I live in Ba if u know of a vet that will treat a rooster.

Any suggestions?

2. raycc

raycc New Egg

Nov 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by