My order from Ideal (Pics now attached @ bottom)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jray, Feb 20, 2008.

1. jray

jray Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Piedmont, SC
    my order from Ideal was scheduled to ship today. I didn't get an email from them to confirm that the chicks did ship or didn't. I still went ahead and called the Piedmont PO to alert them of the possible arrival. I hope that I don't lose too many chicks. Here's what i ordered:

3 - Black Australorps
    3 - Buff Orpingtons
    3 - Delawares
    3 - Barred Rocks
    3 - Rhode Island Reds
    3 - Gold Sex Links
    3 - Black Sex Links

All Pullets

I told the folks at the PO that I didn't care if they called at 5 am or not. I'm so excited.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    jray you forgot the EE's in your order
    [​IMG]
    a little green, blue, pink or olive colored egg always livens up the yard.
    mine are from ideal but i got them at the feed store.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  3. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    jray, they should be there first thing in the morning. Call the P.O. dont wait on them to call you, they get paid by the hour!

4. jray

jray Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Piedmont, SC
    I just figured that it would take 2 days from Texas. I will check with them in the morning. Thanks for the heads up. Do yours usually arrive with just one day in transit?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  5. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    [​IMG] I live in Louisiana. I order from Ideal often. They always ship my chics on Wednesday and they get here Friday. So I would expect them Friday morning. Ideal will not call you when they ship. I have an order that shipped today from Ideal also. Good luck with your chics.

6. jray

jray Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Piedmont, SC
    The PO called at 0600 this morning. I got my chicks from Ideal in one day. All were and are still kickin it. (fingers crossed) I'll post pics later. Ideal does a great job! i hope I don't loose any, but I've been told that I probably will loose a couple.

7. sfisher

sfisher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Myrtle Beach
    Dont cross your fingers, they will be fine. I guess Ideal just tells people it will take 2 days, so we dont pester them to death, if they dont show up on the first day. But I told you they would!

8. jray

jray Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Piedmont, SC
    I've got two 250W red heat lamps burning over them. All are eating and drinking really good right now. I'm sure they are really tired from their trek from Texas. Its cold and rainy up here in the upstate. They should be fine in the shop under the heat lamps.

9. MikelJohn

MikelJohn Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Abbeville, LA
    [​IMG] I had chickens ship from Ideal yesterday and they will be here tomorrow as they always do. I guess I need to order from a hatchery further away and I will get them sooner! ha ha Hey....I'm happy for ya. Wish you the best of luck. I will see what mine look like when they get here tomorrow.

10. jray

jray Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2008
    Piedmont, SC
    Here are the Pics from yesterday. All were still alive this morning (Fingers Still Crossed)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by