My other hobby,75G saltwater

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by birdnutz, Nov 6, 2008.

1. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    This is 1 of 2 tanks I have. This is a 75G bowfront with MH lamps above it. Still needs a settling in phase,just transfered it a couple mothsago from my sons house.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also have a 125G in the basement,it stills needs alot of work. It's supposed to have 650 watt VHO's but some of the lamps are burned out and I have to order them form hellolighs.

2. chickypoo

chickypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh wow, that's beautiful! I love salt aquariums but I don't have the resources for one.

3. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    They can get kind of costly depending on what you want. A fish only tank is alot less expensive than for corals. The initial supplies are more pricey than fresh,but I also believe that stores want you to over buy on starting supplies. If you want you can PM me and I'll give you some web pages that are alot more reasonable.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beautiful! I absolutely love fish, but I am restricted to bettas only here in my campus apartment. Eventually I would love to get into aquascaping and larger fish tanks!

5. 2manyhats

2manyhats Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Central NY
    Your tank is beautiful. DS has a saltwater tank with live rock and such. but not much in it right now due to decreased resources. I never knew how much I'd like it until we got one. Very therapeutic.

6. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Hey you have Nemo! [​IMG] Beautiful Tank [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by