my OTHER pets

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Equest94, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Equest94

Equest94 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Sasha - my Maltese dog... she was hit and killed by a car this past summer (RIP little girl)
    [​IMG]

"Lucy" - little Cochin... she was also killed this past summer...snatch by a hawk (darn them!)
    [​IMG]

Sabina - our new dog... Shepherd/Lab mix that we adopted from the SPCA
    [​IMG]

Kisha - my cat... please excuse the fatness - lol
    [​IMG]

Pikus (pronounced: Pee-koosh) - my parakeet, he's an old man and can't fly anymore... I HAD him for about 16 yrs.
    [​IMG]

Tina - hamster, our "college pet" that we're really not suppose to have (I trust all of you not to tell, lol)
    [​IMG]

"M.C." - my AQH mare... she does jumpers and reined cow horse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2007
  2. jkcove08

jkcove08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Iowa
    Beautiful pet family!! You have a wonderful parakeet and his age shows how womderful you are with your animals!!! Thanks for sharing, Jenn

3. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Really nice, thanks for sharing all your animals. Even though I own Thoroughbreds M.C. has the most ADORABLE little QH face I think I have ever seen. I just had a QH brought in and he is awful cute too. The woman is trying to sell him and needed to get him out of the full board barn situation until she does. In the meantime I am enjoying having him, awful cute boy. You have a nice crew and so sorry about your little dog but I see you got a beauty.

4. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Wow sorry about your pup and chicken. Tough times. Love your mare. I had to laugh though because in my circles you NEVER hear of a horse going from the over fences ring into a reined cowhorse arena! What's her registered name?

5. Equest94

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Quote:Actually it was the opposite and I still show both varieties with her. When I bought her she was a 5 year old going on 6 and all she had was reined cow training. I wanted an all around horse that could do both English and Western so I trained her in dressage and show jumping. She has the scope and speed which make her an excellent competitor... We did some eventing too, but Jumpers and Reined cow are what she's best at and coincidently those are my favorite disciplines, so it all works out, lol.

Her breeder sold her because she wasn't a good enough reiner. She's 15.2hh and has a really wide chest so due to her height and width, she can't spin well (she has the form, just not the speed for that) her fast to slow, lead changes, and slides are excellent though. Her cow sense is right on the mark (if not better), so we also do some team penning, cutting, cow boxing, and some lower level reining.

Her registered name is MC Freckles (I HATE her name!). She's by Mark the Colonel by Colonel Freckles and on her dam's side her pedigree gets into Gay Bar King, King, and Poco Bueno.

We actually tried to breed her last spring to a son of Smart Chic Olena... it didn't work out for us, which was a huge bummer.[​IMG]

Here are a few links to pictures from our first Jumper show of the season (it was only 3'2ft -3'6ft --- we start lower and work our way up)...I'm sorry I can't find anything great from our reined cow stuff at the moment...
    (the first few are a bit blurry, they're still images from a video)
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/MCFNEO/MCjumpcut.jpg
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/MCFNEO/MCjumpers3.jpg
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/MCFNEO/MCjumpers5.jpg
    ^^^ she was having a bit of an issue collecting... once she get's into Jumper mode it's all gallop gallop gallop! That's why this look a bit akward...we're right in the middle of a little fight, lol
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f194/MCFNEO/MCjumperface.jpg
    ^^^ she was getting a bit sleepy [​IMG]

6. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    I love all the pics but had to laugh at the poor cat LOL the look on the face " you bothered my bath " to cute i cant have cats but love them.

Julie

7. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Nice set of knees on her from what I can tell. Sounds like you have a lot of fun with her! I was a WB and TB person - just bought my first full blooded Quarter Horse who is also Poco Bueno bred. She shows great potential for low hunters...will be a fun project.

8. Equest94

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Quote:^^^ In all honesty, I was surprised she could roll over like that I just had to take a picture! It's so sad... this kitty is so fat, she sometimes has issues reaching her back to groom it, and as a result she get mats.... it got so bad, one day I just took my horse clippers and shaved a stripe up her back (got all the mats out)...little did I know we were having a little get-together and the neighbors we're coming over... Kisha just had to go to everyone and display her new do.... my mom was so embarrassed - lol

Quote:^^^ Aw congrats! I'm sure you'll be very please with her. I myself am just a general "plump" horse fan. I love the quarters and the Warmbloods... Arabs and TBs not so much (I mean they are wonderful, I just like them a little less dainty)...

I'm actually in the process of debating buying an imported German Holsteiner mare as a jumper-resale project horse... I'm very confident I would make a great investment from her (her sire is Lemgo), but I do not have my own barn...I board, so finding some extra cash every month is really what's holding me back, lol.

9. helmstead

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    I also had to board when I was in HS. Had to work it off. I'd give lessons, work horses, muck stalls...whatever I needed to do to keep my two horses. I'm sure you'll figure it out! The show horse market is still going strong!

10. Equest94

May 29, 2007
    New York
    Quote:Haha! That it is! See, finding some extra time to make some money for another payment of board wouldn't be so hard if I didn't attend college 3 hours away from home, lol; but thank you, I'm sure if it is meant to happen, I find a way to make it work out.

hopefully I do! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by