My other super blessed bargain of the week!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_jayne, Apr 28, 2009.

1. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    so i call a man who has two chicken tractors for sale at $10 each and leave a message. (yep, 10 smackers)

he called back the next day and said he was sorry that they had already sold. i thanked him for returning my call. he asked about my chickens and was just chit chatting for a few minutes.

then he asks me, "You wouldn't be interested in an incubator would you?"

um, YES i would! i inquired what brand. LG. i tell him that i don't really know how to work with a still air unit. he says, "Oh, no, honey, it has the forced air unit on it, the auto turner with quail cups and the chicken cups and it's never been used."

[​IMG] of course i ask how much he would like for it.

"Would $35 be too much?" again...[​IMG]

my reply, "We'll be there in the morning!"

he showed it to me and i said i would purchase for sure. he went in the house and printed out all the directions from the website and all!
    and he gave me a chicken feeder!

it was a little dusty, from being in the pole barn, but it was new and it is holding temp and humidity now for about 10 - 12 hours! the auto turner is working very well. i cannot believe it! what a blessing! [​IMG]

i had just prayed for something just for quail to be incubated in if that was meant to be. i guess i got my answer!

[​IMG]

what do i do with this part?

[​IMG]

2. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Nice deal!!!

That's a great bator once you get to know it. The quail trays are a big plus.

3. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:thank you oh quail guru! that gives me more confidence! [​IMG]

4. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    That part looks like it is to protect the motor?? I am not sure, just a guess!!
    YAY! You deserve every bit of it!![​IMG]

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    Quote:that's what we were wondering, it wasn't in the directions.

aw, thanks!

6. ChevygirlBeth

ChevygirlBeth Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats! What a great deal!! [​IMG]

7. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Yippee! I get to be "useful!" That part is supposed to be set on it's side with the thermometer on top. Unfortunately, if you use it, it's hard to see the temp without opening the bator.
    Great deal!

8. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Quote:That is what I was going to say, I never bothered to use the one that came with my LG bator.

Great find,

9. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    I agree, I think that part is to hold the thermometer. The thermometer that came with my LG always read the same temperature, irregardless of what the temperature actually was!

Good find for $35!

My husband found someone with a huge old chicken coop in the field behind their house. We have been looking for some old "real" nesting boxes. Apparently, they just want to get rid of them, and are giving us some. It's so nice when the chicken gods look down on us! LOL!

10. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Quote:That is cool, I am always checking out people old sheds and such as we are driving down the road, sure would like to stop at some of them, but, the people may not appreciate some crazy chicken lady pulling into their drive, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by