My Pair of Cayugas Re Homed

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by pirtykitty, Oct 17, 2009.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Yesterday I had to re home my pair of cayugas. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]..
    Hubby has been wanting me to get rid of several for awhile. Yesterday someone called about my ad in paper and wanted the Welsh harlequins.. ( I found out hubby didn't want them gone).. Luckily I was able to get them to take the cayugas.. I found out that he lives just a a few blocks or so from us... He has ducks also.. acutally he lives close to my old child hood neighbor hood.. He would like hatching eggs in the spring from my welsh harlequins as he lost his female and needs replacement for his drake.. I'm sad that I had to get rid of the cayugas but am also glad I could keep my trio of WH's .. also glad that someone took them who is used to raising ducks.. except I don't think he will be feeding them the same food I do.. I sent him home with a container of mazuri to use to mix with his food to change then over..

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I am sorry to hear that you had to get rid of some of your ducks. It is always hard for me to sell some of my birds too. At least he is close and he does in fact already have some of his own.

That is great that you gave him some food so that they will have a better start at their new home.

And just think, since they are so close you could always do a drive by to check on them. [​IMG]

3. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I thought of doing that but the man didn't want to give me where he lived. LOL.. I did look for his name in the phone book and found out that way. But won't bother him and will wait till spring for him to contact me or me contact him about the hatching eggs...
    The trio of Welsh harlequins is doing good... my male is king of the harem not LOL.. and not getting chased by the male cayuga..
    I'm happy the the pair of cayugas got to go together.. but I still miss them..

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Whats your hubby have to get rid of?? Fair is fair.. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by