my parents are heartless rant

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chickenrandomness, Jul 12, 2011.

1. my parents are very heartless [​IMG]

my brothers friend just called my brother if he could take in 9 wild orphaned baby ducklings. they'd obviously die without a mother or father, and i have chickens and i know how to care for birds very well,, thats why they called my brother.

of course we have to ask our parents, because you know, thats the right thing. my brother calls my mom (my brother was actually rather enthusiastic about it, usually he hates birds; he hates my chickens) and my mom said no because they don't want anymore animals [​IMG]

SERIOUSLY!!!??? SHE'D RATHER 9 DUCKLINGS EITHER DIE OR BE TAKEN CARE OF BADLY??!! (i live in a small town in the middle of no where and i have the most knowlegde about poultry and how to care for them here) they'd either die or my brothers friend will give them away to someone who knows midly how to care for poultry and will end up doing it wrong. OH MY GOSH THATS SELFISH! SHEESH, ITS NOT LIKE WE CAN'T GIVE THEM AWAY AFTER THEY'VE GROWN A BIT!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

rant over

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  2. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Sorry you're upset, Adam. [​IMG]

Have you talked to your parents about rehoming them? Could you possibly teach your brother's friend how to care for them and loan him a heat lamp?
    And didn't you just move? Call me awful but I can understand them not wanting (or wanting you) to take on something else this soon.
    Hope you feel better soon.

~Evelyn

3. orientphoenix

orientphoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    aww sad, since ur parents r still in control u might as well teach the other dude about taking care of the little ducklings

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yeah, I would certainly try to share you knowledge, or even tell your brother's friend to pass on your info to whoever takes the ducklings just in case they have any questions.

I know it seems like your parents are being heartless, but 9 duckling can be a mess and it's possible they just don't want to deal with it. I often felt like my parents were being heartless when they wouldn't allow me to rescue things, but now I realize they knew their limits and didn't feel they could deal with more animals. Since the ducklings have already been rescued by your brother's friend, I wouldn't say they are being condemned to death. It's unfortunate you can't take them and I know that's upsetting, but the best you can do is realize there will be many more opportunities in the future for you to rescue little animals!

5. paperdragonfarm

paperdragonfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Albany
    WHere are you located? I would check for a wildlife rehab group in your area. They'll be much better equipped to deal with orphans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by