My Pea Pen - Irene Took Down!! *UPDATED W/PICS*

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Yoda, May 6, 2011.

1. Yoda

Yoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Below are pics of my unfinished Pea Pen. I still have to side the shed, siding is still at my parents house hopefully it will get done soon. As you can see there is a large tree in my pen, about 30 feet high. Can I cut the poultry net to go around the tree and attach it to the tree? I cannot afford to cut it down right now so it will have to stay for awhile. Thanks Frank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. PrinceSandwich

PrinceSandwich Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2009
    Alberta, Canada
    Wow! Nice looking pen! What are the dimensions?

3. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    You can cut the netting but it will create a weak spot on it. Just make sure you fasten it back together real good.

4. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    A lot of zoos are good at making netting go around a tree, I wonder if you could get something to slide the netting into or clip it onto that would then be able to be put around the tree like soft plastic or something...I have thought of a few ideas about this before since we might build around a tree someday.

5. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    i wish you would have asked before you put up the fence me an my buddy could have cut it down for you.

6. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    Wow what a pretty pen, all that grass! I need to get away from the desert....

7. Yoda

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    The pen is 64 feet by 44 feet.

Minx, was thinking of that plastic trim for a flower garden, the edging stuff. Might be able to get the netting around that and wrap it around the tree.

In order to cut the tree down Jimmy you will need a bucket like the ones AT&T use. If the tree is cut in pieces it should fall straisght down not damaging anything. The owner of the farm said he could just cut it down too but I do not have the time to wait cause the peas are starting to lay and I need this pen up asap. If you and your friend can do it then I say come on down and chop chop chop LMAO [​IMG]

8. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    Quote:i meant if you told us before you put up the fence.the pen does look great.we have been geeting an egg every other day now started out pretty slow.we think only our sp is laying we think i white is not.

9. Yoda

Jul 7, 2010
    Shady Hills, FL
    Do I buy two nets and connect them or one big one and cut just what I need to go around the trees? Thanks

10. bandbaustin

bandbaustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Valparaiso, IN
    I would buy one big one and cut what you need, the less of a seam the better. I would use hog rings to reconnect back together. Or really good twine and tie it back

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by