my peacock fanned out today with pics

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by little blue, Aug 2, 2010.

1. little blue

little blue Chillin' with my Orps

Jul 11, 2010
    Mansfield, CT
    my peacock fanned out today he was so preety he is onley 1 1/2 so he does not have all of his train he is still preety i can not wait to see him when he has his full train
    pic 1
    [​IMG]
    pic 2
    [​IMG]
    pic 3
    [​IMG]
    what do you think he is a silver pied he was fanning to the phesents in the pen you might see them in some of the pics there are 3.

2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    VERY cute! It's so funny how they think they are big boys, even when they are little tiny things. I have two little chicks right now and they constantly show off to one another- and they haven't got anything but stumpy little brown feathers! XD At least your boy has got some great color on him [​IMG] I'm sure he will be stunning with his full train.

In addition, it's awesome that he will fan with you nearby. I hear some people have trouble because their peacocks either won't fan or will stop fanning when they get close enough for a camera!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  3. bigstack

bigstack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2010
    Texarkana, TX
    Congrats!!! [​IMG] Looks beautiful!

God Bless!

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Pretty birdie. Ya, looks silver pied.

5. shchinchillas

shchinchillas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2010
    PA
    Nice pics!!

My yearling is constantly fanning. Doesn't matter who is in the pen, near the pen, or watching. All I do is laugh at him as he still has a little stubby tail, and not to mention his female is too busy eating or amazed by something else to pay him any attention.

6. Carpe DiHen

Carpe DiHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    El Dorado County, CA
    Wow, that's awesome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by