My PEACOCK finally displayed!!!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by C&Rman, May 9, 2011.

1. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I cam home and looked out the window and saw them out in the run and getting a drink of water and I happened to look out again and he was fully displayed shaking his tail feathers and backing his but up into her side. She looked at him like what in the crap is wrong with you. I wish I got a picture of her, but I was to distracted taking pics of him.
    Here he is the picture may be crappy because I was taking them from the window.

[​IMG]

2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] beautiful!!!

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    A handsome boy & he knows it! [​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think that's wonderful! I don't have peafowl but just seeing the subject line MADE me come to this thread. I can imagine how wonderful it would be to see one's own peacock display for the first time. Better than when one of roosters first gets a GOOD crow going!

There's a peacock a few blocks away (ask me how I know this!) and one Sunday drive of mine, I saw a peahen and several chicks out for a walk, so I knew I was close. And then I saw this magnificent peacock on a rock wall, with his beautiful tail draped out behind him, partially open but down.

What a good looking guy you have!

5. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    Thank you and yes he does know he is handsome he has been keeping it open like a turkey, even when the peahen is not around he thinks that he is all that!

6. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Whoot whoot..that's awesome....iam so happy for u..
    So how are they doing now that they settled in some..do they still let u walk up and pet them?

Hope so....

Gorgeous btw..simply....gorgeous!!!!

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

delete

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  8. wannabchick

wannabchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Northen Va
    Quote:Lol so does my little ib man..he would do it to a fly if the could..lmao

9. tay_boe

tay_boe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    At what age do they start displaying?

10. C&Rman

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    They display as yearlings but they won't have any color to show. Thanks wannabchick they still let me pet them. And mine displays to the little birds that fly in the coop [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by