1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My peahen traveled a mile down the road and peacock is screaming

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Lauranjbo, May 24, 2016.

1. Lauranjbo

Lauranjbo Just Hatched

May 24, 2016
    I have a peahen who showed up at my home a year ago (almost to the day). We bought a peacock about a month after she stayed here. They have been inseparable up until today. My neighbor a mile down the road said she was there and sent me pictures of her. No one around us has peafowl. He is still sitting on our back porch screaming every breath. He's usually already roosted in their tree with her. He knows something isn't right. Will she come back? Is there anything I can do? Will he take off looking for her?

2. DwayneNLiz

DwayneNLiz ...lost... Premium Member

Jun 18, 2013
    NH
    sorry you never got a response, but i hope you went to he persons house and retrieved it in a dog crate or something?
    Good luck!
    Welcome to BYC!!![​IMG]

3. barkerg

barkerg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2015
    Salado, Texas
    Welcome to BYC!!! You have arrived finally. She could be looking for a nest but sometimes the male can get aggressive to their hens and she might of just needed a break, or worse your neighbor has cats or dogs that they feed outside, peas love dry dog/cat food and will travel a ways for it on a daily if available. If thats whats going on, you can ask your neighbors (if they are pea friendly that is) to feed their pets after dark. Thats what we do and it should fix it.[​IMG]

Gerald Barker

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by