My peas are growing up..pics

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
I cant belive how big theyre getting, hopefully soon i will at least have an idea of what sex the black shoulders are. Ive never kept this many peas in the house at once, Theyre still living in the hog trough & have the freedom to fly out whenever they like & they do..they hang out everywhere lol. My son enjoys when they hang out on his Thomas the train trax.

l_1a79033c11af4f2f8b7ac9627734db34.jpg

l_85be19873db9490c93ee8d8ff9548723.jpg

l_54b1cc2a42124b72811d0e05ae642e27.jpg

l_f89cb3ebb8c64ddf9d52afc3afaf8d87.jpg

Aaaaaaaaah! Must! do! Same! Thing!

Did you just pick hem up a lot to make them nice or what?
And don't they poop?

Thanx- Ive never had 5 all in the house at the same time..so its not as ez as just 1 or 2. I want to keep them in for at least another month..longer if theyre doing good inside.
Ive never used wire floors for my peas & have had no problems, luckily i have a barn & some of the floors are wood, some are dirt in other rooms- these guys will get a room with a wood floor, filled with shavings when it is time to move out.
These are all keepers, so i want them very use to people & being handled..the guinea hatched same day as the 2 smaller peas, so i figure id keep him in also...plus he hollers when he cant see his pea buddies.

yah they do poop..but they tend to hang out in 1 place & its covered with old towels or vinyl tablecloth..so its an ez cleanup.
I just handle them alot, i might have 1 sitting on my pc monitor while im surfing the net & another on my shoulder..i just bring them around everywhere with me.
Its not so ez with 5..if i had just 1 or 2 they could be with me more often. I act as if theyre parakeets or parrots & to me..theyre much nicer

Melissa, Nice looking chicks. The way you raised them looks great. You are still keeping them off the dirt the first two months.

First time I am also raising few of mine in the house. My rare charcoal and peach silver pied. Just to make sure nothing can get to them.

Raise about a 100 per years, these in the house will fly up on me like I am mom.

Mine cant get out unless I let them out to play. Sure need to clean the pen 2 times a day.

Back
Top Bottom