My Peck and Play has arrived! (Chick/Chicken playpen with pictures)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Flutterbee, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Flutterbee

Flutterbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Virginia
    I ordered this so I could have my chicks and their mother in something that I could watch them in and they could be outside in the grass at the same time.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  2. iPeanut1990

iPeanut1990 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have one too! I really like it! We keep having a hawk hang around my coop though so I've been scared to put them in it lately. [​IMG]

3. Flutterbee

Flutterbee Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2014
    Virginia
    How rude of that hawk! I've had one take my chicks before and it was not pleasant. So you like it? Do they try to escape from it?

4. iPeanut1990

May 7, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    They haven't been in it for several weeks because the dumb hawk won't go away. When they were smaller I was worried they would try to escape from the spaces in the bottom where it doesn't quite touch the ground but they never did. I just tried to pull it taught enough with the stake. Now there's no way they'd be able to escape. They're 12 weeks old now. I really like it! :) It will definitely come in handy this Fall to move them around the yard. Actually I might try putting them in it this afternoon for an hour or two while I'm out in the yard and can monitor for the hawk. Haven't seen it today! The grass in their run is pretty much gone already so I think they'll appreciate some fresh grass. I'll post a pic in a little bit with them in it!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. iPeanut1990

May 7, 2014
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by