My Peep ( Cute but sad)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Braclin, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Braclin

Braclin KY Chicken Farmer

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I had that happen with a duckling once. I actually integrated the duckling with the rest of the ducks much sooner than normal. I was worried, but it went ok. It was missing some feathers for a while, but wound up alright in the end. Is that a barred rock?

3. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Black/Lav split Orpington

4. debilorrah

It is adorable!!! Do you have any feed stores nearby that sell chicks?

5. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    The TSC stores had them last month but now that I need some they're out. [​IMG] So i'm working on finding some. Most of the offers have been too far away. [​IMG]

6. debilorrah

Check Craigslist!!!

7. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Check it twice a day, lol I'm not freaking out yet. He/she is doing better since I put the mirror in.

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    awwwww isn't it cute....I have 4 of Sarah's babies here now....2 lavenders and 2 lavender mottled. One lavender is going to be a boy I think and had half of one wing torn off (we think by the puppy) and I have been patching him up....they are adorable.

Yell if you need a brooder mate for your little one...the two little mottled ones are the smallest. I am sure she would sell you a baby or two if you want them and I know these are going to be for sale.

9. Braclin

Jul 5, 2010
    Owingsville,KY
    Quote:I've so missed you through this trial of mine. [​IMG] Peep def needs some friends.

10. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    That's one sweet little peep! Did you put a little stuffed animal in with it? Mine love to cozy up to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by