My pekin duck is limping. :(

rainbowexpress

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 28, 2011
Hi, this is my first time posting on a forum like this, but I really need some advice! One of my pekin ducks has developed a limp, and is favoring her left leg. I've looked at her several times, but I haven't noticed any bleeding or swelling or anything strange about it. It's been going on for almost a week now, and the only thing I think could've caused it was that she leaped out of my arms a few days ago and landed a bit funny. Maybe I'm just overreacting?
tongue.png
She can get around fine, and she's been eating and drinking, she's just been laying down often and favoring that leg.

Though today, I did notice a tear in the webbing of her foot; it wasn't bleeding and didn't seem to be caused by any sort of struggle, but I cleaned it anyway and moved her to a less muddy and wet part of the yard.

But if it sounds like something more serious, please explain! My ducks are about 4 months old now, by the way, they're not ducklings.

The webbing is really sensitive and any little tear would hurt alot. I would make sure it stays clean and put an antibiotic ointment just in case. They are also really good at hiding the pain when you are looking. When my baby was limping I was checking her foot alot and she never flinched, it is scary just to keep her off of it. They heel pretty well on their own I have learned

Back
Top Bottom