My Pekin Sunshine was killed last night! Help!!!

Mama Ducker

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 17, 2013
Southern NH
I am in need of a female Pekin. Mine was killed by a raccoon and her mate Boomer is lost without her. Please help, I have looked on craigslist but could only find people with Pekins over an hour away. Im in Southern Nh near the seacoast and MA. border. My pair were 15 weeks old so Im looking for a similar age. 3-4 months.

Sad for your loss.

hugs.gif

There is a free rehoming forum, and a buy sell trade forum.

But first, have you changed the security system to prevent the raccoon from getting the survivor? They will return.

We secured the fence perimeter yesterday, we found a place where it got in but really went over the whole fence line. The Pekins hated going in the barn at night so we were letting them sleep in the greenhouse. I got the drake to go in the barn last night with my mallards so he was safe. We have a mallard sitting on a clutch in the green house so we secured that as well. The raccoon came back last night but we were ready for him. He was making quite a racket at the back fence and my husband went out and scared him off. All ducks are safe this morning! I was thinking I should move my sitting mama into the barn but Im worried it would stress her out.

That is so sad, i do wish you the best in finding a mate. I would not move the sitting mallard, while sometimes it works moving nests risks abandonment, if she's safe leave her be.

I am going to leave mama where she is, she is very protective of her nest and I don't want to upset her. She is somewhat safe for now, I don't think my husband will be sleeping much though until they hatch and she can take them into the barn. They aren't due until July 5th so we will be on careful watch and do our best.

Back
Top Bottom