1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Pekins are Hatching!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by GwenFarms, Jun 10, 2008.

1. GwenFarms

GwenFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Yeah, my hen got off the nest this morning to eat and I couldn't resist a peak. I found pips in two and heard peeps from many, so hopefully by tonight I'll have some babies!

2. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Congrats! I have some pekins in the incubator for next week hatch. I've never hatched ducks, so I am nervous.

3. hatchcrazzzy

hatchcrazzzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2007
    kemp texas
    congrats on your babies i have 2 ducks setting on nest

4. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    Congrats. My good mother Pekin sat this year and hatched 10 of 14 eggs. Then my Rouen sat and hatched 2 of 6. I have a mix duck only 7 months old due to hatch in 3 weeks. Hope yours do as well.[​IMG]

5. GwenFarms

Feb 26, 2008
    I hope she does well too. I've wanted to peek under her all day, but she hasn't left the nest and I don't want to mess with her too much. I hope to catch a glimpse in the morning. I'll let ya'll know how many we have!

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Congrats! My mix got off the nest every time I looked until they were hatching, then she wouldnt move for anything. She would bite me, but she would NOT move. She hatched 10 out of 12, not too bad! I hope you get a great hatch.

7. GwenFarms

Feb 26, 2008
    There is six babies out of 8 eggs. When she got off of the nest I checked it and 1 egg has disappeared, I suppose a snake snuck one. One didn't hatch, so that wasn't bad. I have moved the nest of babies back to the duck pen, where the little gold fish pond is and they are all already swimming around.

8. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    If the egg disappeared, it was probably rotten. Mother ducks will sometimes take them away from the nest and crack them. I doubt she let a snake get within 100 ft of those babies. Congrats! [​IMG] Can't wait for the pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by