My PEKINS arrived this morning!!! (PIC)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LuckyDuck411, Jun 30, 2010.

1. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Songster

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I ordered some pekin ducklings and they were supposed to hold shipping until we got back from vacation...well got a call this morning from the post office that our 'chickens' arrived so we drove back home 2.5 hrs to get our ducks! We get to the post office and the lady says here are your three ducks! I said what!?! We only wanted two! So the names we had already picked won't work "Jeepers" and "Peepers". Of course my husband is freakin out because of the little extra one, but I'm hoping I can convince him that one extra duck won't be too much trouble!

Here's a picture...don't worry we have towels down for them now, I was just in a hurry to get them out of the dirty box they arrived in and get them some fresh water/food!

[​IMG]

2. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    How adorable! We got one this spring and I enjoy it the most out of our little flock. Enjoy them now, they grow in a hurry!

3. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Congrats on the new ducklings! You might want to put some wood chips or paper towels down in the brooder, otherwise your ducks could get spraddle leg.

4. LuckyDuck411

LuckyDuck411 Songster

Jun 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I put some clean towels in their brooder until I can get some straw, but that was after the picture. As far as woodchips I've heard they can ingest them and die. Any advice? Anyone else have issues with woodchips?

5. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I usually cover the chips w/paper towels for the first week just to be safe. [​IMG] Cute babies. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by