My Pekins from Puddle Foot Farm's Rescue

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MysticalMom, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Got them yesterday. 5 girls and a boy. They're in this temporary pen until tomorrow, when where they really want to be is in the creek and the big pools with other ducks.[​IMG] I'm going to let them out tomorrow and see how everyone behaves together etc. I am really surprised at how friendly they are after all they've been through. 3 ate peas right out of my hand. (of course any duck will love you for peas) They've spent most of the day in and out of the little pool,(mostly all 6 crammed into it) and looking longingly at the other ducks running around.

Thank you again PFF for all you did for them and for letting me have some.. and thanks again to slackwater for making the drive to go get them. I love them already. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Good on your for giving these guys a home. It must be such a difficult task to rehome so many at once. They look very happy and Im sure they will feel right at home with you very soon.

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Awww, they look so happy, and very pretty. [​IMG]

4. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Awww those photos are wonderful! You're so lucky to get some of those special ducks. Wish I lived closer so I could get some too.

Michelle

5. suburbanduckmom

suburbanduckmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Belmont, CA
    Man, I want to kiss all of them and hug them until all their worries go away. I bet they are so relieved to have a safe home together!

6. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    The pekins are doing well with the rest of the flock. Everyone's getting along now after the usual little scuffles of the first day. [​IMG] They found the creek today and had a blast!

They're such sweeties and follow me around everywhere, quack quack quacking, now that they know that I bring the treats. [​IMG]

7. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] I am so happy that they are happy with you! I hope you'll post pictures of them with the flock soon.. Even though they do look rather happy in their little pool. Isn't funny how much they LOVE water? Like, sure.. They're ducks. But mine love water more than any other ducks I've seen. And they're so appreciative.. I love 'em!

8. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]

9. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    So glad you were able to help give these ducks a great home!

10. javajanie

javajanie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Southern MD
    Awww! They look so happy. Glad you could give them a happy home.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by