My pet bobs' new coop/hutch *pic*

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Missi, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Missi

Missi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    [​IMG]

I plan to add another roosting perch & some natural little shelters soon. They are almost 2 months old. What do ya think?

2. Missi

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Very nice Missi. Those hutches make great coops for quail don't they? I have one that is about 3 times that size in the greenhouse attached to the aviaries that the bob's use for shelter from the weather. They love it! Good job. [​IMG]

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Very Pretty... Is It By Chance Outside? If Yes I Would Recomend Covering The Outside With 1/2 Hardware Cloth And Securing The Poop Tray So It Cannot Be Slid Out By Predators... Wouldnt Want Anything To Happen To Your Babies, And These Guys Will Attract Every Would-be Predator For 3 Counties In Any Direction

5. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Amazing [​IMG]

6. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote"I plan to add another roosting perch & some natural little shelters soon. They are almost 2 months old. What do ya think?"

I think you will find they will not use the roosts, but they will hide behind something bushy. [​IMG]

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Definitely add some branches so they can have some privacy. They will enjoy that. They won't use the perches much, but they will still like the effect! Nice!

8. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Very Nice Homestead, Missi....... [​IMG]

9. Missi

Aug 31, 2011
    Naples, FL
    Hey guys! Thanks for the comments & suggestions! I definitely appreciate suggestions!

This is somewhat outside. It is in my back screened-in porch. I will still add those suggested modifications, for sure. I'd be devastated if anything happened to my little flock.

What can I add for enrichment? Do quail even need enrichment? Parrots do, but do quail?

10. Animalian

Animalian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2011
    Australia
    hang up treats rather than putting them on the floor or in a bowl, it makes them more interactive! Because they move around and have to be chased and stalked to be pecked! Just like hunting for bugs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by