MY PET CHICKEN.COM

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by t-dawg, Jul 23, 2008.

1. t-dawg

t-dawg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Boston
    What are peoples experience with My Pet Chicken.com?

2. lovemyflock

lovemyflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I loved them. I ordered 8 (a variety of breeds) and they all arrived healthy and happy 2 days after shipping day. Mine are 7 weeks old now, all are still doing great. [​IMG]

They are a little hard to get ahold of at times, but once you do get them they are all super nice. Customer service is very good there. They have a 90% sexing gaurantee and do not use male packing peanuts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  3. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Love them too - We got exactly what we ordered (type AND sex) and all were very healthy.

4. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I received my order of 9 babies, 3 Black Australorps, 3 NH Reds & 3 Barred Rocks, on June 25 (shiipped on June 23). I had to wait about 6 weeks for one breed to become available. They arrived in perfect health and have been perfect little chicks ever since. Good luck!

5. Tamidon

Tamidon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Massachusetts
    great. i ordered 8 australorps, which are all healthy and alive after 2.5 weeks. They showed up when expected,just hoping that the sexing was right at this point,but too early to tell.

I like that you can get small orders. 8 was a bit much for my space,but i was counting on losing some,and that hasn't happened. I have the space, but that many chickens means my friends will be getting loads of eggs in 5 months

6. comerrick

comerrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    I have read that in general they are really really good. But I have also read that if you do have a problem, their email responses are terrible. Just do a search for MPC on here and you will read the same.
    Lov
    Liv

7. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't ordered from them, but I noted last week when I did a Google search, that they list "Marans" as Maran. That kind of mistake from a hatchery would make me think twice about ordering from them. But it's not necessarily a fatal flaw....

Susan

8. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
  9. CarlaRiggs

CarlaRiggs Chillin' With My Peeps

My experience couldn't have been better. Five little peepers, arrived in two days, healthy and well, and each one a pullet.
    As for the 'Maran' thing.... methinks you're nitpicking. [​IMG]
    Perhaps a typo on MPC part.

I would order again from them.

Carla

10. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i ordered some chicks last year and everyone arrived safe and sound. They even threw in an extra polish. i did end up with one silkie rooster (i ordered all girls), but the extra polish made up for that.

i have found them to be very responsive and helpful, and appreciate that you can order less than 25 chicks. i would recommend them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by