My Pet Chicken Email BlackOut?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hipdeep, Jun 18, 2008.

1. hipdeep

hipdeep Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2008
    My chicks are due to ship the 30th and arrive by the 2nd. Up to now, I've had great customer service, but suddenly I've fallen into an email blackout. I've sent three emails with no response at all. I'm due at an out of state wedding around the same time, so I was just trying to check in to see if everything looked like it was on schedule.... but nothing?

Anyone else see trouble?

Anyways, I was wondering if maybe they are flood effected? Does anyone have news I should hear? Thanks a lot in advance for any response! I've been waiting for months and months for school to let out to start my chicks! (I'm a teacher.) I'll put a nail gun up my nose and fire a river of lead if I have to wait longer. [​IMG]

2. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    I get great support from my MPC. But I do have to say the last 2 emails I sent to people I've talked to before never answered. I did finally get a response when I used the contact email on their home page...
    Good Luck! [​IMG]

3. Mycookoonest

Mycookoonest Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2008
    Hudson Valley NY
    The lady I'm dealing with is great. She also had mine scheduled for the 30th... I got them yesterday. She called me monday to make sure I knew... then when they showed up to the PO they called the po to check and see if I got them... then gave the po instructions on how to take care of them until they could ge them to me!
    But I noticed if you send an email it normally takes like a day or two for them to get back to you...

4. stefmech

stefmech Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2008
    American Fork, UT
    I too am waiting for an order from MPC. I called them a few weeks ago because I had a question and I got the best customer service. The lady I talked with was so friendly and helpful - real personal. So far I am impressed. I haven't sent any emails though.

Good luck.

5. newbie coops

newbie coops Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2008
    Northern New England
    I had a problem with email communication from My Pet Chicken when I placed an order with them recently. I ended up canceling the order after I called Meyer Hatchery in Ohio, who ships small orders (under 25) of chicks and it turns out they are the source hatchery for MPC. Anyway, when I called MPC about my order they were responsive and friendly. They just seem to have a back up of email or maybe not enough people answering it. BTW, I ended up ordering 25 chicks from Meyer, for July 29-30th delivery. Our first order of chicks...we're new to raising chicks and keeping hens but my husband is enthusiastically planning and building the brooder and coop! [​IMG]

6. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Quote:Ahhh I didn't know MPC got their chicks from Meyer's well then maybe I should complain to them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by